At Camp Iroquois Springs, we staff our camp with outstanding people who are dedicated to working with children and creating an atmosphere of family, spirit, and excitement. If you have a passion for life and a desire to impact the lives of children by helping them be their best selves and also grow as an individual yourself, Iroquois Springs is the right place for you. Being a camp counselor is not only one of the most important and rewarding jobs you will ever have — it’s the hardest job that you will ever love!
Check out our staff video: http://www.iroquoissprings.com/staff
Cabin Specialist Job Description
· Lives in a cabin with a group of 10-15 children and with 2 co-counselors.
· Act as a leader, guide, helper, and positive role model with your group of assigned campers.
· Maintains maximum safety for all campers at all times.
· Participates in all daily camp activities with your campers.
· Will make sure your campers are prepared to participate in daily activities.
· Establishes an individual relationship with each camper.
· Lead and/or assist in a particular program area.
· Puts the needs of the campers before those of yourself.
· Establishes with campers the way we do things in the daily routine of bunk cleanliness, personal hygiene, sleep, and rest.
· Help campers develop life skills including independence, cooperation, responsibility & perseverance.
· Will know and observe camp policies.
· Participates in pre-camp training and weekly staff meetings with Directors/Head Counselor.
· Prepares a daily written camper report relating to your observations of each camper’s experience.
· Will be a Difference Maker!
If you are a fun, motivated, and selfless person looking to have the most amazing summer, then Iroquois Springs is looking for you. A summer at camp is truly special as you make strong connections with your campers and fellow staff, all whilst having fun outdoors as part of an incredible community! Come be a Difference Maker this summer!
THERE ARE ALSO POSITIONS AVAILABLE TO WORK IN SPECIFIC AREAS OF CAMP (AQUATICS, STEM, SPORTS, ADVENTURE, ARTS, MEDIA) SEE IROQUOIS SPRINGS WEBSITE FOR MORE DETAILS
Salary: $2300, $200 Travel Reimbursement, Room & Board Included.